The Tigers Trust are delighted to announce their partnership with the Asian Sports Foundation (ASF).
The Asian Sports Foundation is a UK not-for-profit non-governmental organisation campaigning for equality and inclusion for Asian communities in sport.
In partnership with the Tigers Trust, the Asian Sports Foundation will look to deliver tangible projects, which break down cultural and religious barriers and provide sporting benefits to a underrepresented minority ethnic community.
The new partnership aims to:
* Use the power of sport in Hull to create safe, inclusive programmes for children affected by poverty, conflict or family breakdown to access opportunities in education, sport and key life-skills
* Use Asian Sports Foundation status, experience and the role-models of its leaders and ambassadors to develop sport-led programmes in marginalised communities within Hull, promoting social cohesion, education and health
* Campaign for sports, national governing bodies, non-governmental organisation’s, clubs and committees to recognise and deliver on their responsibilities for equal inclusion for minority ethnic communities
* Use the power of sport to increase participation in Asian communities in Hull
* Use the power of sport to increase health and wellbeing amongst Asian communities in Hull
In the interests of equity, all activities will be accessible to all people in the partnership and appropriate to their abilities.
John Davies, Manager at the Tigers Trust said,
“The Tigers Trust has always promoted inclusion in regards to sport participation but the partnership with Asian Sports Foundation will enable us to support even more members of the local community. We are looking forward to working in collaboration and I am confident there will be some really positive outcomes.”
Jug Johal, Asian Sports Foundation Chairman added: “We are delighted to have agreed this new collaboration with the Tigers Trust as we look to bring communities across the country together through the power of sport. We believe that this new partnership with the foundation will have a huge benefit to the community of Hull and surrounding areas”